Friday, August 16, 2013

Skeletonwitch's "Burned From Bone" Review

Skeletonwitch's new song "Burned From Bone" was played for the first time officially to the public this past Tuesday, August 13th 2013, on Sirius XM's Liquid Metal and I don't think a single person who listened to it was disappointed. The song starts with a very Skeletonwitch regular sound, until the song kicks in. When Chance does his awesome noise growls and the main guitar riff kicks in from Scott and Nate, I found myself looking at my iPod (which at the time was my Sirius radio) and thinking "holy shit, this is real Blackened Deathly Thrash Metal." Now we are getting to the good part, when Chance's vocals kick in. Don't get me wrong I love the entire band and I've never been disappointed with anything anyone has done but I'm a vocalist and I have to give praise to this man. The lyrics he comes up with in this song like "I am the demon cloaked in the light of darkness" in the opening line and "your fate but a living cremation, suffer burned alive." When I hear Chance's crazy vocals I'm always thinking "is this what a Skeletonwitch would actually sound like?" Of course it is! Than the slower breakdown vocals "your life now feeds the flame, choke on the ashes as you die..." These sections in Skeletonwitch songs are always what I look forward to, even though the song slows down Evan, Scott, Nate and Dustin have this way of making these sections so heavy you can't help but find yourself headbanging (don't drive and listen to this song if your someone who normally headbangs during these section, don't want to cause an accident) now how do you come out of an awesome Chance vocal, headbang heavy section? With a guitar solo from Mr. N8 Feet Under of course! Now this solo isn't insanely face melting fast but the way it's set up it feels like a bass solo mixed with a guitar solo! N8 is an insane guitarist jus like Scott (whom I've had the pleasure of meeting and he's an awesome guy very down to earth and willing to talk to myself and other fans at the concert, not to say the others weren't but he was the only one at the merch table at the time) this solo I always find myself playing air guitar to. N8 knows how to do a solo and with Evan's bass solo sounding section under this, this entire ending to the song couldn't have been more epic.

If you haven't checked out the new song find it on the Prosthetic Records youtube channel (or follow this link http://youtu.be/Kd0y6vFC3CA?a ) overall I'd give the song 9.5/10 very quick in and out just like all Skeletonwitch songs and it makes me excited for the new album being released this October on Prosthetic records (PreOrder here http://www.indiemerch.com/skeletonwitch/ ) and too see them for the second time this year on their tour with The Black Dahlia Murder! (Tour dates here: http://loudwire.com/the-black-dahlia-murder-2013-north-american-tour-skeletonwitch/ )



No comments:

Post a Comment