Thursday, May 24, 2018

Interview with Lucifer



Hey there, how are you today?
-Thank you, great! Sitting here in the Swedish countryside, enjoying the view!


Congratulations on the signing to Century Media Records, I can't express how excited I am to hear “Lucifer II”. How will this album differ from the first release?
-Thank you, yes we are thrilled to work with Century Media now. Great label, very sweet people! By some magic the second album turned out how Lucifer was originally intended musically when I first formed the band’s concept in my head, a way deeper dig through the record crates of the 70s. Less Hocus Pocus, more Hard Rock. Lucifer II is more diverse and opens some new doors. It is more catchy, I think!


Bigger label, bigger tours maybe, what's your guys plans with the first bit of new music and leading up to the release of the album?
-After releasing our first video for “California Son” a few days ago, we are now working on the next video to be released very soon. We just played our first few shows in the new line-up in Sweden, Denmark and Germany and it was awesome! We’re now looking forward to all the upcoming festival gigs this summer, especially Hellfest, Rockpalast and Psycho Las Vegas.


A few years ago you came to North America supporting High on Fire and Pallbearer, are you guys looking at coming back finally?
-Yes, aside from playing an exclusive show this year at Psycho Las Vegas, we are currently looking into touring the US again in 2019. Having spent three years of my life in California, I consider the US a second home and really can’t wait to take Lucifer back on the road there.


Why “Lucifer II”? Is there going to be on overlying concept connecting the first album with this one?
-I planned to number the albums before Lucifer I came out already. Lucifer II is simultaneously
also symbolic for a second incarnation of the band, I suppose.


Last but not least, is there anything you'd like to share with your fans who have been waiting ever so patiently for this announcement?
-I know the gap between these two albums was quite long and I hope the wait was worthwhile! I do think so! We are already talking about the third album and have a good chunk of material laying around. Expect Lucifer III to hopefully see the light of day way sooner this time, very likely around September 2019.


Thank you very much for you time, I'm excited to hear “Lucifer II” on July 6th.
-Thank you, the pleasure was mine! Hope you dig it!




No comments:

Post a Comment