Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Ontario Death Fest 2017: Burdizzo Review


Another day, another review. Today we talk about the band that has the tough job of following up Divinity Cast Down, who we discussed yesterday. Today we talk about Burdizzo, a rather strange Grindcore style band based out of Toronto. The band only has one album as of writing this entitled “Acoustic Neuroma” and I'll be honest I don't know what to expect with this band live.

From beginning to end “Acoustic Neurons” bursts in and out of songs, just like you'd expect with a Grindcore band. I think the real confusing part comes with the vocals, while the instrumentals are undoubtedly Grindcore, blasting as fast as they can without and real rhyme or reason, the vocals are a bit out of the ordinary. It becomes very obvious right away what I mean, in “Mistress” it sounds like Serj Tankien of System of a Down over top of the Grindcore instrumentals. This is a consistent thing as well throughout the album as well, although “Netflixxx and Kill” does take on a much more guttural approach with the vocals.

While not 100% my style, I won't deny this band interests me and I'm looking forward to see how they blend into the scene at this years Ontario Death Fest, Burdizzo will be second to hit the stage on Friday October 6th so be sure to come out!


No comments:

Post a Comment